Here are the changes that have been made in the 2.29 Apex Legends update that is available to download now.
Season 17 of Apex Legends hasn’t been the best, with the player count decreasing overall. It seems that the Apex community have been frustrated with the amount of players that have managed to ‘rat’ in the ranked mode to get to masters.
The devs have addressed this in a blog post and have said that changes will be made next season to try and prevent players who rat to achieve the higher levels. These points have been added at the bottom of this article.
What is in the Apex Legends 2.28 Update? Full Patch Notes
Here are the patch notes on the bug fixes made in the 2.28 update.
- Being unable to spawn on control points in Control (and re-enabled this mode).
- An issue using Tridents as Fuse and Rampart.
- A crash caused by Stickers.
- Some Gun Run matches requiring more than one knife kill.
Apex Legends Ranked Changes in Season 18
Here is a summary of the changes that will be made to ranked in the next season of Apex Legends to improve the ranking experience:
- Overly Generous Ladder Points (LP): Arsenal’s LP tuning was intended to be generous, but not this generous. Its current tuning is causing a series of cascading issues with the rest of the Ranked system. We are tightening the amount of LP awarded and bonuses included for Season 18.
- Bugs: We love to hate them. They are contributing to the tuning problem and we’re feeling confident about our upcoming fixes.
- Future Changes: Season 18 will focus on refining Ranked tuning and stability. We’re going to take a deep breath and take the time needed to prepare for an even tighter and more competitive Ranked system.