Epic Games have added three new Fortnite consumable items in today’s v8.20 Fortnite Update.
Fortnite has a creative player base, many players create concepts and post them on social media. One Reddit user, AndrewIsCoolio, posted a Coconut concept where the item would provide 5 shield and 5 hp, and can be found on plam trees in the jungle biome. This was also mentioned more than a month ago where a coconut would grand HP and Shield.
In today’s v8.20 Fortnite update, Epic Games have added three brand new consumables, Bananas, Peppers and Coconuts. The Pepper regenerates health as well as giving a player a quick speed boost. Bananas provide a health boost and a Coconut grans health/shield, similar to the concepts that have been posted on Reddit.
Here is the lowdown on the new consumables from the patch notes:
- Instantly grant 5 health when consumed.
- Can be found in the tropical biome.
- Foraged by damaging palm trees.
- When consumed, Coconuts grant 5 points of effective health over a short time. That means it will replenish shields if the player is at max health.
- Can be found in tropical and desert biomes.
- When consumed, peppers instantly grant 5 health and also increase the player’s movement speed by 20% for 10 seconds.
- Can be found in the desert biome.
Players have been asking for new consumables for some time, and these additions seem like they could work well in Fortnite Battle Royale.
What are your thoughts on Epic adding these consumables?
Make sure you haven’t missed anything about the v8.20 update by clicking the links below:
- V8.20 Fortnite Update Patch Notes
- Fortnite Season 8 Discovery Challenge Loading Screens Leaked for Week 5 & 6
- Fortnite Lava Legends Pack Leaked
- All new v8.20 Leaked Fortnite Skins, Pickaxes, Gliders, Emotes & Back Blings
- New Fortnite Wall Cannon Trap and Explosive Bow and Arrow Weapon
- New Leaked Wraps Found in the v8.20 Fortnite Update
- Two New Fortnite Skin Styles Leaked In v8.20 update – Mission Specialist & Moonwalker