The v7.20 Fortnite Content Update introduced the Sneaky Snowman and here’s the first look at the item.
The Sneaky Snowman is a common item that drops in stacks of five with a max stack of ten. They can be found from floor loot, chests and supply llamas. Using the primary fire, you can throw a projectile that will create a destructible snowman, using the secondary fire will allow players to wear the Sneaky Snowman.
Here are all the patch notes for the item:
- Sneaky Snowman
- Use Primary Fire to throw a projectile that creates a destructible snowman.
- Use Secondary Fire to wear the Sneaky Snowman.
- Sneaky Snowman has 100 Health and acts as a shield when worn by a player.
- Sneaky Snowman is destroyed when its Health reaches zero or when the player wearing the snowman swaps to a different item or building mode.
- This means that a player wearing a Sneaky Snowman cannot build or use other items. Movement of all types is allowed.
- Available in Common variant.
- Can be found from Floor Loot, Chests, and Supply Llamas.
- Drops in stacks of 5.
- Max stack size of 10.
The destructible snowman has 100 health and can be thrown down in quick succession to provide cover. It takes three seconds to wear the Sneaky Snowman, however, Reddit user nearlyanonym0us has discovered that you can throw the snowman on yourself which will provide you with a couple of seconds of cover without having to wait three seconds to wear the item.
You can also have a more permanent hiding spot using the Sneaky Snowman item by placing the snowman where you’re standing when something is in front of you. Unlike the method above, the snowman won’t disappear after a couple of seconds.
The Sneaky Snowman can be utilized to prevent fall damage. Reddit user wensoing posted a video showing how jumping on top of the item and falling will prevent you from taking fall damage.
Here’s a complete overview of all of the “abilities” of the Sneaky Snowman:
It’s safe to assume the Sneaky Snowman item will make for a lot of interesting plays.