Epic Games will be making some audio improvements in the near future.
Epic Games made some major changes to the audio in Fortnite in Season 8, and some improvements will be coming soon. Seth, from the BR audio team, stated improvements will be coming to the standard AR, tightening up the sound. The volume of the Season 8 Plam Tree umbrella glider will have it’s volume reduced, and building piece destroy sound will be lound when instigated by enemies.
Here are all of the upcoming audio improvements:
- Improvement to the standard AR sound so that it’s not overbearing on the shooter.
- Tightened up the sound, so it’s more of a BLaaam versus a BLAAAM.
- Building Piece destroy sound is louder when instigated by enemies.
- Helps mitigate scenarios where “that guy Hand Cannon’d a wall behind me and I didn’t hear it”.
- Footstep audio blends in the above/below layers, rather than abruptly switching between them.
- Prevents jarring footstep transitions between floors directly above or below. Should clear up some confusion.
- Footstep occlusion traces from the heads of enemies when they’re above or below.
- This helps mitigate scenarios where an enemy has line-of-sight on you but their footsteps still sound muffled/occluded.
- Reduce volume of the S8 palm tree umbrella.
- This only affects the umbrella open/close layers. Don’t worry, the steel drum riff volume is preserved. 🙂
There was no information provided as to when these improvements will be implemented, but we’ll keep you updated if any timeframe arises.