UPDATE: Shadow Stones have been re-enabled.
Shadow Stones were introduced to Fortnite Battle Royale at the start of Season 6, but they were only in the game for a couple of hours before they had to be disabled. We are now approaching the second week of the season, and it looks like Epic are close to reintroducing the much anticipated item.
The Design Lead at Epic, Eric Williamson, has replied to a Reddit post about the Shadow Stones being disabled with the following:
“We’re hoping to re-enable them today – running some last minute checks to make sure the issues were correctly sorted out.”
If you didn’t get to use the Shadow Stones the first time, here are the properties:
- Consumable typically found around corrupted areas of the map.
- Using a Shadow Stone will apply ‘Shadow Form’ for a brief period.
- While in Shadow Form:
- Unable to use weapons.
- Become invisible to enemies when stationary.
- You become more visible and leave behind a Shadow Trail when moving.
- Gain increased movement speed, jump height and fall damage immunity.
- Gain a new ability, Phase, can be activated by pressing the Primary Fire button.
- Phase: Propels you in the direction you are facing, and allows you to pass through objects.
- The effect lasts 45 seconds but can be exited early by holding down Alt Fire button (aim down sights).
We will keep you updated with the latest.