Fortnite has tweeted out stating they’ll be releasing the potential fix for social/friend issues soon. Players will experience temporary connection/matchmaking issues during this time, and they’ll be updating everyone later on once they release the fix.
However, if you can’t wait, and you’re looking to get into a game with your friends now, then check out the methods we’ve found postedby Reddit and Twitter users below.
NOTE: This may work for some people, but it may not work for others!
- Join a random solo game, and wait until you’re in the lobby.
- Whilst in the lobby, have your friend invite you (note: this works during a game too, not just the lobby)
- Accept the invite, and you should be able to join your friends Fortnite party.
Method 2 (PS4 Only)
- You and your friend(s) should have Fortnite ready to go into a game.
- Create a PS4 Party chat.
- Go to Play together
- Choose the bottom setting
- Join your friends party
- Make sure you and your friend(s) have played 1 solo game.
- Get your friend to invite you ONCE, this should be the party leader who sends the invite.
- Accept the invite, and you should be in a Fortnite party with your friend(s).
Hopefully these methods above worked for you. Let us know in the comments seciton below if they did.
UPDATE: Looks like this issue is back (30th January), to add to the methods above, sign out of your account, restart your system and try again.