There’s a new Dead By Daylight update today on February 2nd, 2022. Here are the DBD 5.5.1 patch notes.
We have a brand new update for Dead By Daylight today on February 2nd, 2022. It’s the 5.5.1 DBD update, which has been released for PC and console today. Unfortunately, there is no new content in the patch.
This update focuses on a handful of bug fixes including a beta features, some new content being re-enabled, and several bugs being addressed. The wiggle process will no longer regress when you’re not wiggling, which is the case with both new and old interactions.
Bug fixes including issues with perks, the Cannibal not being able to break a pallet, issues with pallet spawns, and issues with aim down sights have all been fixed. Here are the full patch notes for the DBD 5.5.1 update.
DBD 5.5.1 Patch Notes Feb 1st 2022
- Fixed an issue that caused tooltips to linger in the Settings menu
- Fixed an issue that caused the Cannibal not to be able to break a pallet after hitting a survivor in the same chainsaw sweep.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Demogorgon’s Shred ability to sometimes not break pallets.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Eruption perk to go into cooldown when triggering on a completed generator.
- Fixed an issue that caused stuns triggered through the Power Struggle duration to be reduced more than intended when the killer is equipped with the Enduring perk.
- Fixed an issue that caused the blessing SFX to continue after a survivor is hit after an unvalidated interruption attempt.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Glyph and Red Envelope interactions not to be interruptible by the killer.
- Fixed an issue that caused the wrong animation to be played when using the Deathslinger’s Aim Down Sights right after interacting with a Red Envelope.
- Fixed an issue that caused the loud noise indicator not to appear when an AI player fails a skill check during the tutorial.
- Fixed an issue that may cause the Nemesis’ tentacle to be invisible during recovery after hitting an object.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Expert Killer and Expert Survivor achievements to unlock when the grade threshold has not been met. (Steam only)
- Fixed an issue that occasionally caused an offering to appear out of place on the offerings loading screen
- Fixed an issue that caused the floating ink VFX to be missing in some of The Artist’s customization.
- Fixed an issue that caused the killer music to not change properly when switching roles from a Survivor wearing a ‘Modern Tales’ outfits.
- Fixed an issue that caused an inconsistent sound effect to play when hitting the fireplace in the chalet, in the Mount Ormond Resort map.
- Fixed an issue that caused the killer to be unable to use a hook when it spawns too close to a bush wall near the big house in Badham IV.
- Fixed an issue that caused the possibility to ”Dead Hard” from the balcony onto the shelves in the main hall of RPD.
- Fixed an issue that caused a lack of hooks in the library of the RPD map.
- Fixed an issue that caused the killer to become stuck beside a hatch in the main building in the Storehouse.
- Fixed an issue that caused a Glyph to spawn too high in the Yamaoka map.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Artist to not fall smoothly from the Thompson house vault.
- Fixed an issue that caused two pallets to spawn on the same tile in The MacMillan Estate.
- Fixed an issue that caused low quality shadows from the generator lights.
- Tentatively fixed an issue that caused Meg’s Deathgarden head cosmetic to not be available anymore.
- Tentatively fixed an issue that caused Jane’s Twitch shirt cosmetic to be available for all players.
- The Coldwind Farm – Fractured Cowshed map has been re-enabled.
- The Crotus Prenn Asylum – Father Campbell’s Chapel has been re-enabled.
There are other issues that are being worked on, but have not been fixed in this update including issues with not being able to attack after a chain blink, performance issues, and a delay with the chain blink. These will likely be addressed in the next patch update.