There’s a brand new ESO (The Elder Scrolls Online) update released today, 2.28. Here are the patch notes for the February 2nd, 2022 update.
We had an ESO update last week for PC, which is usually followed by an update for PS4 and PS5 players. Today, the 2.28 PS4 update was released along with the 1.10 PS5 update.
There are a number of fixes and improvements in today’s 864 MB patch along with some fixes for crashes that players have frequently been reporting over the past few weeks. Some of the bug fixes including issues with Assembly General not dropping weapons on a higher difficulty, issues with style pages not dropping, art fixes like ice fixtures flickering and more.
A few “very rare crashes” have been addressed that occurred when a player jumped away from a zone at the precise moment a player started to consume food. Another crash that only happened when there were a numebr of particles on screen has also been fixed.
Elder Scrolls Online ESO 2.28 / 1.002.004 Update Patch Notes (Feb 2 2022)
- The Will of Stone and Soul Savior achievements will now always be awarded when the criteria are met upon trial completion.
- Rahdgarak will once again aggressively jump closer to your character should you move away from his current location.
Dungeons and Group Content
Halls of Fabrication Trial
- Fixed an issue which caused the Assembly General to not drop weapons when killed on Veteran difficulty.
Waking Flame Fixes
- Fixed an issue where Crimson Oath and Silver Rose style pages were not dropping.
Combat and Gameplay
- Fighters Guild
- Trap beast: Fixed an issue where this ability could generate Ultimate in some odd cases.
- Fixed an issue where ice fixtures could flicker when multiple crystal furnishings were placed in houses.
- Fixed an issue where the Witch-Tamed Bear-Dog would be invisible when set as your active pet.
Explorations and Itemization
- Fixed an issue where Tallatta the Lustrous, of Malabal Tor fame, would sometimes not drop loot correctly.
- Fixed a widespread issue that could cause certain light-emitting furnishings to stop emitting light unexpectedly.
- Fixed an issue with the houseguest version of Arox the Mutilator, where his dialogue would be limited to just a few lines if you’d already completed the Deadlands story. Those lines are now correctly added to his larger pool of lines, instead of replacing them entirely.
- Fixed a very rare crash that could occur when you jumped away from a zone at the same moment another player started consuming food.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when a large number of effect particles are present on screen.
- Fixed an issue with a strangely possessed vase in Stormhaven that was usable, but did nothing upon activation. It has since been fully banished from the material realm and is no longer usable.