EA recently deployed a brand new The Sims 4 update, 1.55, on March 15th, 2022. Here are the patch notes for the Neighborhood Stories update.
We have a brand new The Sims 4 update, 1.55, released on March 15th, 2022. The update is available to download on PC, Mac, PS4, and Xbox One. The download size will vary depending on what platform you’re on.
If you’re looking to download the 1.55 The Sims 4 update on PC, open Origin, right-click The Sims 4, and select “update”. However, it should update automatically once you’ve opened up Origin.
Today’s patch addresses a number of bugs, several new scenarios, and the expansion of Neighborhood stories. Here are the official patch notes for the 1.55 March 2022 update.
Sims 4 1.55 Patch Notes – 15 March 2022
Neighborhood Stories System
The biggest addition in today’s Sims patch is life changes for all Neighbor sims. Players can now adopt young sims in their household between infant and toddler. Other additions include Sims having the ability to become pregnant and eventually deliver, adopt a dog or cat, join and leave careers, move into and out of lots, and die in different kinds of accidents.
Players can configure neighborhood stories that will allow you to tune which life changes Neighbor Sims can and cannot have. In the panel pictured below, you can select the options you’d like to enable or disable.
Players can choose to enable or disable each type of life change for each group of households with the option to disable all stories for selected households. Neighborhood stories are enabled by default for other households and disabled for my households.
Here’s everything that you need to know about Neighborhood stories in the Sims 4 1.55 update:
A critical part of the Neighborhood Stories System is a set of new gameplay controls that allow you to tune which life changes Neighbor Sims can and cannot have.
Now Available Along with Existing Household Support in Select Scenarios!
Would you like to try out some brand new Scenarios? With today’s base game update you can!
We’ve added 7 new Scenarios to The Sims 4. When you boot up the game today you’ll have access to:
- Too Many toddlers
- In this updated version of the previously limited time Scenario, aim to get the happy toddler reward trait for this gaggle of whiz kids in the making
- The kid’s a menace! Choose the path of villainy or surprise them with a redemption arc!
- Is this relationship a joke? Only you can write the punchline!
- Super Rich Supervillain
- Making a fortune is great, but you know what’s even better? Stealing one.
- Extraterrestrial Researcher
- This Sim wants to… believe! Bring the truth from ‘out there’ to your own home.
- Unlucky Chef
- Luck has nothing to do with how fire this chef is…
- No Skills, No Problem
- Who said Sims need to be skilled to make it in life? Time to prove your street smarts!
The Sims 4
- We fixed an issue that caused Wedding Venues not to be available for Base Game Weddings.
- If a new Scenario is available, you will see a notification now after logging into the game.
- Opening and closing the Scenarios interface in Live Mode comes with a proper animation now.
- Simmers should no longer see the “Happily Ever After?” outcome for the Engaged in Conflict Scenario when both Sims have a good sentiment.
- The Conditions for the “Too Many To Handle” ending in the “Too Many Toddlers” Scenario only apply to toddlers now that were present when starting the Scenario.
- We fixed an issue for some languages that caused Scenario outcome texts not to fit in the text box.
- The Power Couple Scenario will conclude now when one of your Sims receives a promotion to CEO.
- The audio response when starting a Scenario in a New Save Game and canceling a Scenario in live mode has been improved.
- The work task interface for your active career should no longer clash with the Scenario interface when joining a career and moving to the work place at the time of work.
- The yfHair_SP19CurlyLowPony hair style will be visible in Create a Sim catalog now when the Feminine Fashion Choice filter is selected.
- Fixed an issue with Scenarios where the requirement for Sims to be spouses displayed as completed although there was just one Sim in the household.
- The Scenario name also shows in the start Scenario interface now.
- When entering Create a Sim after starting a new Scenario, the household requirements will no longer be overlapped by the Create A Sim Catalog and all information on the panel will be easy to read.
- Calling off an Engagement will now count towards the Villainous Valentine Aspiration correctly.
- We also made a few updates to the friendly calls from other Sims that your Sims receive:
- Your Sims will no longer be called by a neighbor Sim and asked about becoming friends with another active household Sim your neighbor has never met before.
- It will also be much clearer for friendly relationship calls now, whether the Sims’ get-together is of a platonic or romantic nature.
- NPC Sims will also have sufficient confidence now and will no longer call your Sims asking for permission to be friends with their own spouse.
- Your Sims who are right on time to activity meetings no longer are chastised for being late.
- Some Simmers reported that Cows and Llamas were getting stuck in their inventory after the Finchwick fair had ended. We clarified how to return your animals to their sheds in the fair-end notification.
- Selecting “Teach/Lead” Yoga interactions now cancels “Practice Yoga” automatically.
- Performing the “Ask about career” interaction with the ‘Conspiracy Theorist’ Erwin Pries will no longer cause a Llama icon to show on the Sim’s career tab and on hovering on the Sim in the relationships tab, but it should display the correct icon now.
My Wedding Stories
- Ceremony interactions are now available when doing a Vow Renewal or Reception at another Sim’s home.
- Sims should now show up in their appropriate attire for Wedding Ceremonies
- Vow Renewal is now only available to Married Sims, and Wedding Ceremony is only available to Engaged Sims.
Romantic Garden Stuff Pack
- Ghost Sims revive properly now when living Sims use the Wishing Wells “Wish for Life” interaction.
Bust The Dust Kit
Sims no longer get the “Rage Cleaning” angry moodlet when Bust the Dust is disabled.
We also optimized vacuum cleaners so your Sims won’t need to fight dust everyday.