Here are the answers for the Octordle words #261 today, released on October 12, 2022 and some hints to help you solve them.
UPDATE: Click here for the hints and the answers to Octordle 262!
Octordle is a difficult game in which players must guess eight five-letter words at the same time while only having thirteen guesses! The game functions similarly to Wordle in that there are no clues to assist you in guessing the words, but once you have guessed a word, the tiles will change colour.
The colours will show you if you guessed the correct letters and if they are in the correct order. There is no correct or incorrect way to play the game, but we recommend attempting to guess words that use the majority of the letters of the alphabet in as few guesses as possible first.
This will help you realize which letters appear in each word so you can solve the words quickly and efficiently. There may be some words that have repeated letters, so make sure you keep that in mind when guessing the words.
As this puzzle is tricky, we do have some hints to help you if you are struggling, all of which can be seen below.
Octordle 261 Words Hints Today (October 12, 2022)
Here are the clues we have for all the eight words for Octordle 261 today.
Hint 1: There is a Z in word 7 only.
Hint 2: There is a G in words 2 and 8.
Hint 3: There is a K in word 1 only.
Hint 4: There is a W in word 3 only.
Hint 5: There is a repeated letter in words 6 and 7.
Hint 6: There are no double letters in any words today.
Hint 7: Here are the starting letters of each word:
- Word 1: B
- Word 2: M
- Word 3: S
- Word 4: U
- Word 5: S
- Word 6: T
- Word 7: P
- Word 8: P
Hint 8: Here is a little description or clue for all of the words:
- Word 1: a device for slowing or stopping a moving vehicle, typically by applying pressure to the wheels.
- Word 2: a skin disease of mammals caused by parasitic mites and occasionally communicable to humans. It is characterized by severe itching, hair loss, and the formation of scabs and lesions.
- Word 3: move in a twisting or spiralling pattern.
- Word 4: extending or directly below.
- Word 5: having been used and unable to be used again.
- Word 6: (of a remark or idea) lacking originality or freshness; dull on account of overuse.
- Word 7: a public square, marketplace, or similar open space in a built-up area.
- Word 8: each of two or more projecting pointed parts at the end of a fork.
What is the Octordle 261 Answer Today? (10/12/22)
Here are all of the answers for Octordle 261 released today on October 12th, 2022:
- Word 1: BRAKE
- Word 2: MANGE
- Word 3: SWIRL
- Word 4: UNDER
- Word 5: SPENT
- Word 6: TRITE
- Word 7: PLAZA
- Word 8: PRONG
You can see how I got the words in the image below:
Let us know in the comments section below if you managed to get some or all of the Octordle words today. Click here for the hints and the answers to Octordle 262!