The heirloom for Loba in Apex Legends has just been revealed as well as the Beast of Prey Collection Event. Here are the official patch notes on this.
There are new events that are released in Apex Legends to keep the game feeling fresh and to bring new cosmetics to the game for different Legends. Collection Events also typically bring about a new Heirloom or Prestige Skin for one of the Legends, which makes it even more exciting to see who will get their Heirloom next.
The Beast of Prey Collection Event has just been announced by Respawn and Loba’s Heirloom, ‘Garra de Alanza’, will be available for players to obtain throughout the event by purchasing all the 24 limited-time themed cosmetics. The Heirloom will then be made available in the Mythic store once the event has concluded.
Apex Legends Beast of Prey Collection Patch Notes
The event will start on September 20th and will end on October 4th, 2022. A new LTM (limited time mode) has also been announced, called Gun Run, which will test you skill on different guns. You can read all about the new collection event below.
Loba’s Heirloom – ‘Garra de Alanza’
Loba is the next Legend to be getting her Heirloom and it is called ‘Garra de Alanza’. It looks to be a fan which has daggers on it and has an animation that turns it into a blade and cuts one of Revenant’s old heads, as can be seen in the video below. There are many animations that will likely come with the Heirloom, with some being more rare to see than others.
Apex Legends New LTM – Gun Run
As previously mentioned, there is a new mode that will be added to Apex Legends only for the event called Gun Run. I for one and quite excited about this mode as it is very different from the modes we have had in the past. Here are the official notes by the developers on how this mode will work:
“Go head-to-head against 3 other squads in a race to master a wide range of weapons. Each time you get a kill with a weapon, you leapfrog over teammates and are given the next highest weapon on the track. Play as a team and get through the track as fast as you can, with some help from infinite ammo, health items and automatic respawns.
Your next weapon is previewed above your current weapon, as well as the next one after that. The boost value lets you know how many weapons you will skip on the track with your next kill. When scoring, if you’re currently in the lead on your squad, you will simply move to the next weapon on the track without skipping any.
The final weapon in the track is a new exclusive throwing knife, which will be available in the firing range for practice during the event. Work together as a team and be the first squad to score a kill with the throwing knife to win the match! Gun Run will be available to play starting September 20th to October 4th on Skulltown and Fragment East (World’s Edge) maps.”
Beast Of Prey Collection Event Items
As will all collection events, there are 24 limited-time themed cosmetics you can purchase at any time during the event and unlocking all of these will award you with the Loba Heirloom for free, even if you do not have Heirloom Shards.
There will also be a reward tracker for the event, where you can earn different cosmetics for free once you get enough points for it.
There are some other bugs that will be fixed in the next update, all of which you can see below:
- Increased cost for Hammerpoint Rounds for Mozambique
- White: 100 -> 150
- Blue: 200 -> 250
- Purple: 500 -> 700
- Sheila now inherits sensitivity settings for the most similar optic sens level
- 2x – Mobile Sheila zoom
- 3x – Mounted Sheila zoom
BUG FIXES AND QUALITY OF LIFE
- [Vantage] – Fixed a bug with Vantage’s “Whittle Break” emote where it would lay flat on the ground instead of sitting upright.
- Fixed a bug where the display showing Bocek Compound Bow arrow ammo was inconsistent.
- [Vantage] – Fixed bug where using Vantage’s tactical inside Wraith’s Portal could cause the player to stay in flight and the tactical goes on cooldown.
- Out of Bounds timer will now start once the player has touched the ground when landing out of bounds.
- [PS5 ONLY] – Increased scroll speed in menus.
- Fixed a bug where Shield Cells would display the incorrect amount of healing available while taking damage.
- [Newcastle] – Fixed bug where Ultimate continues flight even after Newcastle has been downed.
- [Control Mode] – Fixed bug where if a player exits the game while the map is loading they are unable to choose a spawn location after reopening the game.
- [Control] – Fixed bug where players could not capture Control points while phased.
- [Storm Front map] – Removed ability to tap-strafe on Gravity Cannons.