Here are the official patch notes of what the Spellbound Collection even will include and what Seer’s Heirloom looks like.
The last event to take place in Apex Legends is the Wintertide Collection event, which brought the Winter Express mode back to the game. There weren’t any changes made to the mode, making it quite boring to play after a few matches.
There was also an event tracker where you could earn cosmetics for the three weeks it was running for, but you did not have to play the Winter Express mode to get them.
As with any collection event, there are limited time cosmetics you were able to purchase and each collection event also brings an heirloom or prestige skin for a legend. The prestige skin for Wraith, the Apex Voidshifter, was released in the Wintertide Collection Event.
Apex Legends Spellbound Collection Event Patch Notes
Respawn have just released a trailer for the new collection event, called Spellbound, which will be released on January 10th 2023. There are many changes that will be made in the new split of the season and the full patch notes can be seen below.
A quick summary of the patch notes is that Control Mode will come back in this event with three maps. Private matches have been introduced for all to create their own matches.
Seer’s Heirloom, Showstoppers, will first be available in the event if you purchase all the collection cosmetics.
In the next split, the G7-Scout and C.A.R will be in the crafter with the Spitfire and Peacekeeper returning to floor loot. There have also been some changes to damage with some guns, which can be seen in the patch notes.
CONTROL LIMITED-TIME MODE IS BACK!
During the Spellbound Collection Event, Control returns: you play 9 vs. 9 and battle to control Zones on the map with infinite respawns. Control will be available to play at:
- Storm Point: Barometer
- World’s Edge: Lava Siphon
- Olympus: Hammond Labs
GAME MODE UPDATES:
- Join In Progress extended further into match ( Matchmaking will try to fill empty player slots until 1 team has a score of 625 or there is a score difference of 300 between the teams)
- Players that join a match in progress get some helpful boosts for their first spawn:
- Skip the first spawn wave
- Spawn with Purple Armor and Helmet
- Get a full Ratings Tier ( Purple Weapons and an Ultimate Charge)
- Added new end-of-match XP reward to Control (150 XP for completing a match).
- If a team is losing by a score of 62 or more, they skip spawn waves.
- Added Distance Indicator on the MRB in-world Icon.
- Added Time Remaining Indicator on the MRB spawn point Map Icon.
- Display a hint message when MRB placement is not possible explaining why placement is failing (too close to friendly or enemy Home Base, too close to a Zone).
- Bloodhound clues clean up after 30 secs instead of 90 secs.
- Clean up Bloodhound clues when the player that left them behind dies (except for the player death clue).
- Some more spawn tuning to further try to prevent players from spawning close to enemies.
- Set the Inventory Tab as the default ( instead of Scoreboard ) when accessing menus during gameplay.
- Updates to Loadouts in the Loadout Selection Menu based on Weapon Meta Changes
- Bug and Crash Fixes
CREATE PRIVATE MATCHES
Want to host your own tournaments? Private matches are now available for all players. Get ready to generate your own tournament codes and host custom private matches.
Squad up with your friends and give it a try! More info to come via our FAQs closer to the next patch.
SPELLBOUND COLLECTION EVENT ITEMS
Unlock 24 enchanting limited-time cosmetics, with Legendary skins for Vantage, Seer, Mad Maggie, Mirage, and more!
All 24 items will be available through direct purchase (for Apex Coins or Crafting Metals) and in Spellbound Event Apex Packs for the entire duration of the event.
You can earn up to 1,600 points per day and challenges refresh daily. All these challenges also stack with your Battle Pass so you can complete multiple challenges at once.
Explore limited-time offers in the Store tab including “Cryptic Conjurer” and “Mischief Mage” bundles and don’t miss out on other offers like the “Silent Assassin” bundle (only available January 13th to 17th) or the “Sterling Prism” bundle (only available January 20th to 24th).
- G7 Scout enters the crafter
- C.A.R. SMG enters the crafter
- Spitfire returns to the floor
- Peacekeeper returns to the floor
Anvil Receiver Hop-Up
- Limb damage multiplier reduced to 0.75 (was 0.9)
- Flatline damage reduced to 39 (was 43)
- R301 damage reduced to 32 (was 35)
- Damage reduced to 32 (was 34)
Prowler Burst PDW
- Damage increased to 15 (was 14)
- Now requires 1 shield cell to Energize (was 2)
- Fixed mirage decoys not showing shield regen fx when near a Wattson Pylon or in Control or Gun Game modes.
- 10 new Welcome Challenges added to help new players learn Apex.
- New “Apex 101” badge reward for completing all 10 Welcome Challenges.
- Changing characters in the Firing Range now has a smoother third-person transition.
- Fixed rare issue with Mobile Respawn Beacon sometimes spawning the Dropship out of bounds.
- Fixed issue with ability previews when entering Phase Portals.
- Doors now always appear as damaged when they’re one melee attack away from being destroyed.
- Caustic Town Takeover loot canisters now behave more reliably in Control Mode.
- Reduced the VFX of Caustic’s gas flash.
- Fixed rare client crash with IMC Armories.
- Fixed the raven in Bloodhound’s Niflheim Hundr skin to appear as white more reliably.
- DirectX 12 beta: added support for the Brightness slider in all Display Modes.
- DirectX 12 beta: Fixed crash with setting.mat_backbuffer_count “0” in videoconfig.txt settings. Note that Apex Legends running in DirectX 11 (DX11) requires the operating system to use an additional buffer for compositing, which was not counted in mat_backbuffer_count. DX12 includes that required buffer in mat_backbuffer_count, so DX12 in full-screen mode with “1” will be just as low latency as DX11 with “0”.
- Fixed issue where Crypto could inspect while using their drone removing the HUD.
- Fixed issue where the lobby tabs would enter an unresponsive state after changing resolution on PC.
- Adjusted hold and tap logic for controller players viewing weapons in Loadouts to be more responsive.