Here is what is in the Apex Legends v2.14 update today, which includes a new collection event!
There is a new update for players to download on their devices for Apex Legends, which is v2.14 and there are quite a few changes that are being made before the new split.
This update includes a new collection event called Spellbound, in which we see the release of Seer’s heirloom, called Showstoppers, and some limited-time cosmetics.
As with any collection event, you will be awarded Seer’s heirloom for free, without heirloom shards, if you purchase all of the Spellbound Collection event cosmetics.
You can now also make/host private matches in Apex Legends, however you will need a minimum of 30 players to host a Battle Royale match and six players for Arenas. These matches can take place in any of the released maps for now.
Apex Legends Update 2.14 Patch Notes, January 10th
Also with this update, the Control LTM is back for the duration of the event, which will be available in the following maps:
- Storm Point: Barometer
- World’s Edge: Lava Siphon
- Olympus: Hammond Labs
There are some changes being made to the weapons, with damage and the two guns being rotated in the replicator. You can see the full patch notes on these below:
- G7 Scout enters the crafter
- C.A.R. SMG enters the crafter
- Spitfire returns to the floor
- Peacekeeper returns to the floor
Anvil Receiver Hop-Up
- Limb damage multiplier reduced to 0.75 (was 0.9)
- Flatline damage reduced to 39 (was 43)
- R301 damage reduced to 32 (was 35)
- Damage reduced to 32 (was 34)
Prowler Burst PDW
- Damage increased to 15 (was 14)
- Now requires 1 shield cell to Energize (was 2)
Here are some of the bugs that have been addressed in this update:
- Fixed mirage decoys not showing shield regen fx when near a Wattson Pylon or in Control or Gun Game modes.
- 10 new Welcome Challenges added to help new players learn Apex.
- New “Apex 101” badge reward for completing all 10 Welcome Challenges.
- Changing characters in the Firing Range now has a smoother third-person transition.
- Fixed rare issue with Mobile Respawn Beacon sometimes spawning the Dropship out of bounds.
- Fixed issue with ability previews when entering Phase Portals.
- Doors now always appear as damaged when they’re one melee attack away from being destroyed.
- Caustic Town Takeover loot canisters now behave more reliably in Control Mode.
- Reduced the VFX of Caustic’s gas flash.
- Fixed rare client crash with IMC Armories.
- Fixed the raven in Bloodhound’s Niflheim Hundr skin to appear as white more reliably.
- DirectX 12 beta: added support for the Brightness slider in all Display Modes.
- DirectX 12 beta: Fixed crash with setting.mat_backbuffer_count “0” in videoconfig.txt settings. Note that Apex Legends running in DirectX 11 (DX11) requires the operating system to use an additional buffer for compositing, which was not counted in mat_backbuffer_count. DX12 includes that required buffer in mat_backbuffer_count, so DX12 in full-screen mode with “1” will be just as low latency as DX11 with “0”.
- Fixed issue where Crypto could inspect while using their drone removing the HUD.
- Fixed issue where the lobby tabs would enter an unresponsive state after changing resolution on PC.
- Adjusted hold and tap logic for controller players viewing weapons in Loadouts to be more responsive.