There’s a new COD Warzone update that’s gone live today, 1.54. Here’s the full patch notes for the March 2nd, 2022 update.
Since the launch of the Caldera map in December, there have been numerous issues with Warzone. Players have had constant crashes, there’s been invisible skin glitches, freezing at the buy station, and more.
However, most of these issues have been addressed with the launch of Warzone season 2. However, there are still some bug fixes on the Caldera map and some of the Vanguard weapons.
Thankfully, we have a new COD Warzone update released today (March 2nd, 2022), version 1.54. The full patch notes have been released on the Raven Software Twitter account, which we’ve included below.
Warzone 1.54 Update Patch Notes March 2, 2022
The COD Warzone 1.54 update includes adjustments to Vanguard Royale that’ll go live tomorrow, March 3rd. The core player health will be increased to 150 from 100 and including armor, players will have a total health pool of 300.
The change was made to increase the Time-to-Kill and the change comes parallel to the additional weapon balancing changes that’ll be made. UAV’s have had their price increased from $6,000 to the new price of $9,000. Raven Software will monitor these changes and make adjustments where needed.
- Fixed collision issues with various elements across Caldera allowing Players to exploit/peek/shoot through them.
- Fixed an issue causing Players to get stuck while proning underneath certain environmental elements such as stairs.
- Fixed an issue with elements at Chemical Factory to improve system performance and reduce hitching.
- Fixed an issue causing the Wade Bundled Up Operator Skin to appear headless.
- Fixed an issue causing the Submachine Gun Charlie (VG) VDD 189mm Short Barrel to incorrectly affect Locational Multipliers.
- Fixed an issue causing the Light Machine Gun Charlie (VG) Queen’s 705mm Royal Barrel to bypass its intended Damage Falloff.
- Fixed an issue causing optics on the Sniper Rifle Alpha (VG) Baltic Blueprint to appear opaque.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Nebula V Rounds to penetrate Riot Shields.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Nebula V Rounds to be applied to certain Melee Weapons.
- Fixed an issue causing Nebula V Rounds to lack a visual effect when used with various Launchers.
- Fixed an issue causing placeholder images and descriptions to appear in various Store Bundles.
- Fixed an issue causing placeholder descriptions to appear for the Whitley (VG) Camo Unlock Challenges.
- Fixed an issue causing placeholder text to appear on the Party tab of the Social menu.
- Fixed an issue causing certain restricted Operators to be usable in Vanguard Royale modes.
- Fixed an issue causing the Bomber Plane ADS UI to remain stuck on the Player screen when landing the plane while holding ADS.
Raven Software have surprisingly decided to nerf the XM4 Black Ops Cold War weapon. The neck damage multiplier has been decreased from 1.5 down to 1.33.
Warzone Bren Changes
The Bren has been the standout choice since it was introduced into the game. However, it’s had a couple of nerfs recently with more changes to the weapon coming in the 1.54 Warzone update.
Popular YouTuber JGOD discovered that the Bren was doing far more damage at range than intended. On February 23rd, Warzone devs confirmed a fix for this would be coming. In today’s March 2nd 2022 update, an issue causing the Queen’s 705mm Royal Barrel to bypass damage falloff has been fixed.
With the Bren barrel finally fixed, it’s likely we’ll see less players using the Bren in the future, but will likely still be in the top three for long range meta in season 2.