There’s a new Warzone update that’s gone live today (Feb 24, 2022). Here’s the official patch notes.
Warzone has been suffering from a ridiculous amount of bugs and crashing issues since the launch of the Pacific Caldera map. Some of the issues have been addressed in recent weeks, although there are still some major issues.
The freezing at the buy station problem was resolved, but now players are freezing in random locations, which occur more often at the start of the game. After dropping into numerous Rebirth Resurgence games yesterday, I experienced freezing issues in at least 30 percent of those games.
We do have a new Warzone update today and we know what has been fixed and changed with Raven Software releasing the official patch notes a few minutes ago. Here’s the February 24th, 2022 Warzone update patch notes.
Warzone Update Patch Notes – Feb 24 2022
Thankfully, the new Warzone update doesn’t require a download. However, when you boot up the game, you’ll need to restart the game in order for the server-side patch to take effect.
Various issues and bugs have been addressed today including the issue where players would freeze during the early stages of a match. Other issues including infinite Nebula V rounds, changes to the Gulag, and issues with slight of hand have all been addressed.
Thankfully, the PPSh-41 has been nerfed. If you weren’t aware, the PPSh-41’s damage profile was changed with both it’s base damage and location-based multiplier accidentally being increased. This made the PPSH the meta weapon until today’s fix.
The Vanguard PPSH has had it’s neck multiplier increased to 1.3 from 1.1 but the maximum, mid, and minimum damage values have been fixed, so it definitely won’t be as powerful as it has been over the last couple of days.
Here’s the full patch notes:
- Updated Contract distribution in Battle Royale, Vanguard Royale, and Plunder modes to better favor Bounties.
- Gulag Loadout adjustments:
- Removed Stun Grenades
- Added Gas Grenades, Medical Syringes, and Thermites
- Fixed collision issues with various elements across Caldera allowing Players to exploit/peek/shoot through them.
- Fixed an issue causing higher-than-intended Max/Mid/Min damage values for the PPSh-41 (VG).
- Fixed an issue causing Players to freeze during the early stages of a match.
- Fixed an issue causing certain Weapon Camos to unequip when backing out of the Weapons tab in the main menu.
- Fixed an issue causing infinite Nebula V Rounds to be applied to primary Weapons.
- Fixed an issue causing placeholder images and descriptions to appear in various Store Bundles.
- Fixed an issue causing placeholder descriptions to appear in various Operator, Weapon, and Camo Unlock Challenges.
- Fixed the rarity label on various Blueprints, Calling Cards, and Charms.
- Fixed an issue causing visual inconsistencies with some dynamic Weapon icons.
- Fixed an issue causing certain Store Bundles to unlock incorrect content.
- Fixed an issue causing Sleight of Hand to shorten reload animations on some Weapons.
- Fixed an issue causing incorrect statistics and pros/cons to display for Assault Rifle Alpha (VG) Barrels.
- Fixed an issue with incorrect spelling and space in morse code subtitles.
- PPSh-41 (VG)
- Neck Damage Multiplier increased to 1.3, up from 1.1
- See additional note about PPSh-41 (VG) in Bug Fixes above