Here are the answers for the Octordle words #289 today, released on November 9, 2022 and some hints to help you solve them.
UPDATE: Click here for the hints and the answers to Octordle 290!
Octordle is a difficult game in which players must guess eight five-letter words at the same time while only having thirteen guesses! The game functions similarly to Wordle in that there are no clues to assist you in guessing the words, but once you have guessed a word, the tiles will change colour.
The colours will show you if you guessed the correct letters and if they are in the correct order. There is no correct or incorrect way to play the game, but we recommend attempting to guess words that use the majority of the letters of the alphabet in as few guesses as possible first.
This will help you realize which letters appear in each word so you can solve the words quickly and efficiently. There may be some words that have repeated letters, so make sure you keep that in mind when guessing the words.
As this puzzle is tricky, we do have some hints to help you if you are struggling, all of which can be seen below.
Octordle 289 Words Hints Today (November 9, 2022)
Here are the clues we have for all the eight words for Octordle 289 today.
Hint 1: There is a W in words 2, 4 and 8.
Hint 2: There is a S in words 2 and 7.
Hint 3: There is a L in words 3, 4, 7 and 8.
Hint 4: There is a C in word 2 only.
Hint 5: There are no repeated letters in any words today.
Hint 6: There is a double letter in words 1, 3 and 4.
Hint 7: Here are the starting letters of each word:
- Word 1: F
- Word 2: S
- Word 3: A
- Word 4: D
- Word 5: G
- Word 6: G
- Word 7: B
- Word 8: D
Hint 8: Here is a little description or clue for all of the words:
- Word 1: a lesbian whose appearance and behaviour are seen as traditionally feminine.
- Word 2: a short, slender, sharp-pointed metal pin with a raised helical thread running round it and a slotted head, used to join things together by being rotated so that it pierces wood or other material and is held tightly in place.
- Word 3: declare invalid (an official agreement, decision, or result).
- Word 4: live in or at a specified place.
- Word 5: (of an animal, especially a pig) make a low, short guttural sound.
- Word 6: a person who shows the way to others, especially one employed to show tourists around places of interest
- Word 7: a destructive wave of highly compressed air spreading outwards from an explosion.
- Word 8: a projecting peg used for holding together components of a structure.
What is the Octordle 289 Answer Today? (11/9/22)
Here are all of the answers for Octordle 289 released today on November 9th, 2022:
- Word 1: FEMME
- Word 2: SCREW
- Word 3: ANNUL
- Word 4: DWELL
- Word 5: GRUNT
- Word 6: GUIDE
- Word 7: BLAST
- Word 8: DOWEL
You can see how I got the words in the image below:
Let us know in the comments section below if you managed to get some or all of the Octordle words today. Click here for the hints and the answers to Octordle 290!