Another week, another update by Epic Games and this week brings the Port-a-Fort grenade amongst a whole host of bug fixes.
Here are the full patch notes for version 3.5.0:
For more details, head to our Replay blog here.
- Save your matches and watch them from any angle!
- Speed up or slow down the action.
- Help tell your story better with player outlines and name plates.
- Several Camera Modes to choose from:
- Third Person
- Follows and orbits around the selected player.
- 3 different follow modes; Off, Auto, Lazy.
- Drone Follow
- Drone style camera that always keeps the selected player in frame.
- Drone Attach
- Drone style camera that is loosely attached to the selected player.
- Drone Free
- Drone style camera that is free to fly around the island.
- This camera shows what the selected player saw during gameplay.
- Adjust cinematic camera settings
- Focal Length
- Focus Distance
- Currently available on PC and console only.
- Third Person
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Port-a-Fort added.
- Epic rarity.
- Drops in stacks of 1. Can stack up to 5 in inventory.
- When the Port-a-Fort is thrown, a pre-made fort is constructed instantly at the impact point.
- The Port-a-Fort is made out of metal and is three stories tall.
- The bottom floor is 1×1 with a door for entry. Tires inside allow for easy access to the roof.
- Decreased Guided Missile maximum turn rate by 75%.
- Reduced Guided Missile movement speed by 15%.
- Added a short equip time to many weapons (particularly, those with a slower rate of fire).
- This will reduce the effectiveness of quickly switching between weapons for high burst-damage.
- Removed the reloading animation on the Pump Shotgun.
- Weapons affected are:
- Rocket Launcher
- Hand Cannon
- Tactical Shotgun
- Pump Shotgun
- Heavy Shotgun
- Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle
- Hunting Rifle
- Adjusted item availability in Vending Machines.
- Reduced chance of Chug Jug by 50%.
- Increased chance of Medium Ammo weapons in Rare Vending Machine by 100%.
- Reduced chance of Explosive Ammo weapons in Rare Vending Machine by 50%.
- Reduced chance of Explosive Ammo weapons in Epic Vending Machine by 25%.
- Increased chance of Heavy Ammo weapons in Epic Vending Machine by 25%.
- Reduced chance of Explosive Ammo weapons in Legendary Vending Machine by 25%.
- Increased chance of Heavy Ammo weapons in Legendary Vending Machine by 25%.
- Reduced drop rate of Remote Explosives in floor loot by roughly 33%.
- Updated Medium Ammo inventory icon to make it more easily identifiable.
- Fixed weapons floating in the air under certain network conditions after quickly switching between items.
- Guided Missile weapon fixes:
- Eliminating a downed player with a Guided Missile no longer reports as a self elimination.
- Picking up an item at the same time as firing a Guided Missile will no longer cause the picked up item to disappear.
- Firing a Guided Missile prior to the victory screen displaying will no longer prevent the player from returning to the lobby.
- Players will now correctly spectate the player that eliminated them instead of spectating their own active missile.
- While spectating a player that fires a missile, you will now follow the missile instead of the player.
- Fixed an issue that caused the player to spectate a floating Guided Missile weapon on the starting island if they were eliminated by a missile during the match.
- Fixed an issue preventing the player from firing a guided missile while riding a guided missile.
- Fixed an issue causing the player’s name plate to display over the guided missile while controlling it.
- Fixed an issue where the Rare Scoped Assault Rifle was incorrectly giving an Epic version in Vending Machines.
- Fixed an issue causing the Loot Llama to be empty in Limited Time Modes.
- Limited Time Mode: 50V50 v2
- Two teams of 50 fight to the finish!
- Due to this being a “large squad” mode, Profile Stats will not be tracked. Daily & Weekly challenges will still work, with the exception of the Squad-based challenges (‘Place Top 6 in Squads’, etc.).
- Storm & Map
- Each team has a bus, approaching the island from opposite directions. On the map, the friendly bus has a blue outline, enemy has red.
- Final storm circle visible on minimap at start.
- Players have 10 minutes to loot the map as the storm closes in on the circle, then 5 minutes to fight, and another 5 minutes as the storm shrinks to the end.
- Supply drops come in batches of 3-6, fall every two minutes, and only land in the final storm circle.
- Added dotted line to map, which indicates the “battle lines” between the two teams. Crossing the line will make running into enemies more likely.
- Farming resources increased 75% over default.
- Increased floor loot spawn likelihood by 15%.
- Floor Loot spawns double ammo.
- Ammo boxes spawn triple ammo.
- Chests spawn double ammo & consumables.
- Supply drops spawn double ammo, and an extra consumable, resource drop and trap.
- Bug Fixes + Mode Improvements
- Fixed a bug that created uneven teams where one side could have more than 50 players.
- Downed players lose health more quickly than normal (10 health per tick).
- Two teams of 50 fight to the finish!
- New ‘Builder Pro’ controller configuration
- This configuration is similar to “Combat Pro”, but optimized for fast placement of building pieces.
- Wall, floor, stairs, and roof have designated buttons on controllers.
- The first button press will switch to the mapped building piece, then every press after will place that piece.
- To switch between materials or traps, press the Left D-Pad button.
- New Squad Comms wheel
- This allows you to communicate quickly without voice.
- The following callouts are currently available:
Enemy Spotted, Need Meds, Need Shields, Need Materials, Need Weapon (context-sensitive), and Need Ammo (context-sensitive).
- Defaults to ‘V’ key, Right D-Pad on controller, or in the Emote menu on Mobile.
- The Loot Llama can now be opened through destruction as well as an interaction.
- Added a blue tint to friendly traps to help distinguish them from enemy traps.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from editing their own structures.
- Supply Drop fixes:
- Fixed an issue preventing players from opening supply drops in rare cases.
- Fixed an issue causing supply drops to jitter as they fall if a player destroys the object that it landed on.
- Fixed an issue causing supply drop loot to spawn in the air after the drop had been shot down.
- Fixed an issue causing players to be pushed under the map if they stood under a falling supply drop.
- Fixed an issue causing players to launch out of the map after landing on a supply drop.
- Fixed an issue where building would be blocked for 3 seconds at a time under poor network conditions.
- Fixed an issue causing controllers to vibrate during the skydiving phase when vending machines loaded into the world.
- Fixed an issue that would hide structure health bars when the player aimed their weapon.
- Fixed toggling aim down sights not returning to its previous state after reloading.
- Fixed an issue where poor network conditions could prevent buildings from streaming in.
- Fixed an issue where you could not select the same Banner Icon and color combination in Battle Royale that you have in Save the World.
- Added unique equip/reload sounds for the following weapons (all others remain the same):
- Epic/Legendary Assault Rifle
- Heavy Shotgun
- Pump Shotgun
- Bolt-Action Sniper
- Hunting Rifle
- Added more variation to the Tactical SMG fire sound.
- Added more variation to the medium-range Epic/Legendary Assault Rifle fire sound.
- Remove the second “insert magazine” sound during the grenade launcher reload animation.
- Fixed the controller button label for Toggle Map not shown after being eliminated.
- Fixed a bug in the Locker that made skydive previews appear without the correct animation.
- Fixed text on the minimap that was too small.
- Fixed the map marker not retaining its location when zooming in and out.
- Fixed an issue with map markers not pinning at your cursor when placing them while zoomed in.
- The controller analog stick can now be used to scroll the map while zoomed in.
- Fixed an issue causing the eliminated player count displaying as zero when spectating a Guided Missile.
ART + ANIMATION
- Tweaked the object pop in animation so objects ease in rather than pop in.
- Fixed inconsistent Battle Bus position changes that could occur every few seconds.
- Fixed the Rock Paper Scissors emote so that it replicates properly in the lobby.
- Fixed the Rainbow Smash and Candy Axe harvesting tools not always activating.
- Fixed the Guided Missile firing animation so that it plays properly while spectating the player that is firing the weapon.
- Reduced the size of Mushrooms that were too large.
- Major optimizations + improvements made to console load times and CPU performance.
- We’ve made some data layout optimizations in order to improve load times and performance. Load times reduced by 25-30 seconds as a result of these changes on Xbox One and around 10 seconds on PS4. On both platforms, we expect to see fewer issues with geometry or cosmetics failing to load in time, and FPS drops during skydiving. The Xbox One download will be larger than normal in this release as a result of these optimizations. We’re working to minimize the impact of this type of optimization in future releases. – Developer Comment
- Reduced download and patch size for players who just have access to Battle Royale (PC only).
- Fixed various issues causing the game to freeze up/hitch while loading assets, especially on console. These assets are now preloaded before the game starts.
- Optimized servers to reduce network lag when firing weapons and taking damage.
- Audio indicator no longer shows silenced weapons, crouched footsteps or ally pickaxes.
- Multiple graphical improvements were made to the skybox, vegetation and anti-aliasing.
- Fixed an issue that caused input to continue when no longer touching the screen.
- Fixed an issue where the message about jailbroken devices being unsupported wasn’t being shown
- Attempting to play using a jailbroken device will result in being kicked.
- Fixed various interacting actions, including:
- Icons not showing properly on lower-end devices
- Supply Drops not being able to be opened.
- Doors not consistently opening and closing.
- The Map not being able to be zoomed & panned.
- Instances where accidental button presses would occur.
- Fixed an issue causing Revolver and Grenade Launcher ammo to float outside the gun.
We’ve just released the v3.5.1 update! This introduces fixes for some issues discovered in the recent v3.5 patch. You can learn more about these fixes in the updated patch notes.
- ‘Building Edit’ hotkey can be bound to keys other than ‘G’.
- Fixed an issue where players could fire weapons before the equip animation had finished if they were sprinting.
- Fixed several client crashes that were related to the new Replay System.
- Fixed an issue that broke player’s walking / sprinting animations if they were firing a Guided Missile while walking/sprinting.