Epic Games released the v7.01 Fortnite update today which introduced a new weapon, the Infinity Blade. There are currently some issues with the blade which Epic have now highlighted which can be seen below.
The Infinity Blade is a weapon that can be found at Polar Peak. The Infinity Blade grants the wielder up to 200 health and shield. Movement speed is also increased by 130%, and every elimination grants players 50 HP. Here are the full features of the Infinity Blade:
- This Mythic melee weapon can be found on Polar Peak.
- Primary Fire delivers a powerful sword slash. It deals big damage to enemies and destroys structures in one blow (75 damage to players).
- Alternate Fire allows the player to leap great distances, destroying objects in its path. Upon landing, it delivers damage and a knock-up to nearby players (25 damage).
- The wielder of the sword is also granted additional abilities:
- An increased pool of max Health and Shields (200 Health/200 Shields).
- Regeneration of effective Health over time up to max Health and Shields (1 HP per second).
- An instant burst of effective Health upon elimination of an enemy (50 HP).
- Increased movement speed (130%).
- The first player to pull the Infinity Blade from its pedestal will be instantly healed to full Health and Shields.
- If a player picks up the Infinity Blade, all other inventory items aside from building materials will be dropped.
- When the wielder of the Infinity Blade picks up an item (aside from building materials), the Infinity Blade will be dropped.
- The Infinity Blade will be dropped when the wielder is knocked out or eliminated.
- Only one Infinity Blade will appear per match.
Epic are currently aware of a couple issues affecting the blade which include the loss of HUD after using the blade which can be worked around by going to settings HUD and then turn quickbar on. The other issue is the swinging animation repeatedly being performed for a short duration, without completing the animation fully.
Players are not happy with the new melee weapon as many believe that it’s “overpowered” and should receive a nerf. Some players don’t mind the item, but feel it should be in it’s own LTM as the item is similar to the Infinity Gauntlet that was released in May and was featured exclusively in it’s own mode.
Epic tend to listen to the communities reaction when a new item is released and changes can still be made to make the item more balanced. We’ll keep you updated if Epic make any changes in the near future.