Here’s what to expect in tomorrow’s v10.10 Fortnite update including bug fixes that’ll be in the patch notes.
UPDATE: v10.10 Full, official patch notes added to the bottom of the post. Retail Row returns!
Epic Games announced yesterday that the v10.10 Fortnite patch update would be releasing today, August 13th. However, Epic then put out a tweet stating that due to a last minute issue discovered with the v10.10 build, the update has been delayed and will provide details the exact time of the update once they have more information.
Epic recently announced the update would be coming tomorrow, 14th August. Here’s everything we can expect in the v10.10 update.
Changes to the B.R.U.T.E
Players have been pleading with Epic to remove B.R.U.T.E’s from the game since the launch of Season X. Epic reduced the spawn rates of the Brute in the area/tournaments playlist, but that clearly wasn’t enough for the majority of the player base. Whilst Epic won’t be nerfing the Brute in v10.10, they will be added a “targeting laser”, so players know where the pilot is aiming.
Mega Mall Being Replaced
Neo Tilted was changed into Tilted Town in last week’s v10.00 content update, and Mega Mall will likely receive the same treatment. In the Season X launch trailer, Epic stated the “The world you play today may not be the world you play tomorrow”. A rift beacon went up in Mega Mall and has been activated, so it’s more than likely we’ll see Mega Mall being replaced.
The Return of the Arsenal LTM
Epic finally released the Arsenal LTM, which is essentially gun game. However, the LTM had to be disabled due to matchmaking issues. It’s possible the issues have been fixed and the LTM could return with the v10.10 update.
Leaks & Map Changes
Every major patch/client update comes with new Fortnite Battle Royale files, most of which are leaked by dataminers. The new files include new cosmetics, items and weapons, LTMs, loading screens and more. Each update brings map changes to the Battle Royale map, and we could see changes to the map in addition to whatever happens to Mega Mall.
There are a number of bug fixes that have been confirmed for the v10.10 update. Here’s a list of the main bug fixes:
- “Failed to create Party” error message on PlayStation has been fixed. This issue was caused when a player would start Fortnite after turning their PlayStation on from rest mode.
- The week 1 and week 2 loading screen hidden Battle Star locations not appearing.
- B.R.U.T.E vehicles being controlled by oponents going invisable.
- Visual flicker issue when viewing the Fortnite Item Shop.
- (Speculative) The challenges for Season X appearing as incomplete even if they’ve been completed.
- Turn rate of B.R.U.T.E’s turren afected by FPS settings.
As always, we’ll be covering all of the latest news and leaks from tomorrow’s update, so be sure to follow us over on Twitter @Fortnite_BR and turn on website notifications.
- v10.10 full patch notes – retail row returns, infinity blade unvaulted! Click here to read the full notes