Everything we can expect to see in tomorrow’s v8.20 Fortnite patch update.
Epic Games confirmed in a tweet that the v8.20 Fortnite update would coming tomorrow, Wednesday 27th March with downtime set to begin at 9 AM UTC (5 AM ET). We know we’ll be getting a new item and LTM as well as a number of bug fixes. Here’s the full list of what we can expect in tomorrow’s v8.20 update.
Floor is Lava LTM
Epic Games updated the in-game news feed when the Item Shop updated on Monday at 12:02 AM to tease the Floor is Lava LTM. The description on the news feed reads, “Get to high ground or build above the lava that’s overtaking the island”. This LTM was teased back in February 2018 during Season 3 in a state of development post.
Poison Traps will also be introduced in the v8.20 update and it was teased in the week 3 Discovery challenges before being added to the in-game newsfeed. The description for the item reads, “It’s a Poison Trap! Watch your step lest you trigger a trap!” It has been a while since Epic have added a trap item to the game, with the last trap item being the Turret.
Fortnite Cosmetics, Challenges and Loading Screen Leaks
Every two weeks, Epic add new cosmetics to the game which are datamined and then leaked. The v8.20 update will contain a number of new cosmetics that’ll be available in the Item Shop. The Discovery Challenge loading screens are also leaked in patch updates, this week we’ll see the week 5 and week 6 loading screens leaked.
There have been a handful of bugs plaguing Fortnite Battle Royale at the moment including hitbox issues with the Pirate Cannon. Epic will be rolling out a fix for a large number of the bugs, including the cannon hitbox issues with EpicRook stating on Reddit that players should see improvements to the collision of the Pirate Cannon in the next patch (v8.20).
Along with the above bug fix, MrPopoTFS outlined a number of bux fixes that’ll likely be in the update, which you can see below:
- Weapons + Items
- Fixed an issue where Clingers were damaging players through walls when stuck to another player.
- Fixed an issue preventing Glider item pickups from displaying their stack count.
- Smoothed out the motion of grenade projectile trajectories, which were lagging behind by a tick.
- Entering a vehicle no longer plays the release sound of balloons if you have no balloons.
- The balloon rope will no longer remain on your back when you run out of balloons.
- Fixed an issue where players were flying out of a Pirate Cannon in a different direction than expected.
- Fixed an issue preventing the ability to enter a Pirate Cannon when close to other geometry.
- Fixed the ability for players to finely tune Pirate Cannon’s ability to aim side to side.
- Fixed an issue causing Buried Treasure to spawn loot on the Starting Island.
- Fixed an issue with the icy feet effect remaining on indefinitely while emoting.
- Traps now do damage to The Baller vehicle first before damaging the driver.
- Fixed issue causing some traps to be inside thicker structures, making them hard to see.
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a player being invulnerable while DBNO.
- Fixed the camera sometimes traveling too far when cycling to another player.
- Fixed an issue where poor server performance could cause undesired effects on clients such as unnecessary movement corrections.
- Added a fix for a rare server crash.
- Made a small server performance improvement related to the Baller vehicle.
- Updated animation budgets to be more performant on higher scalability settings.
- Art + Animation
- Fixed a bug where the destruction effects were not playing on the Baller when it’s destroyed.
- Fixed an issue where some items didn’t have proper audio when dropping them from inventory.
- Fixed issue with Main Menu icons becoming off-center.
- Fixed a bug that was causing a player’s Squad Fill preference to reset to “Fill”.
- Fixed an issue where scopes would be missing reticle lines on low settings.
- Fixed an occasional awkward camera movement that would occur when switching to different view targets while spectating..
- Fixed field of view on 21:9 devices.
- Fixed an issue with quickbar and extra buttons that made it possible to cause fire state to be stuck on a continuous loop.
- Fixed an issue causing the camera to jump on initial touch input.
- Fixed an issue causing incorrect building pieces to gain focus when editing.
- Fixed missing outline effect for squad members.
- Fixed minimap remaining on screen during Victory Royale sequence.
- Fixed not being able to select building material while being a passenger in a vehicle.