Playground LTM v2 is now live:
The Playground Limited Time Mode (LTM) is probably one of the most popular and requested LTMs in Fortnite. This LTM allows players to be creative and explore the Fortnite map at their own pace and test new weapons and items that have been added to the game. It also allows friends to have their own private matches with each other, but there is currently a limit of up to 4 players that can play in each match. Matches last for an hour and the Storm doesn’t start closing in until the 55 minute mark and will take 5 minutes to close.
Resources from harvesting materials has also been increased, so that time is not wasted farming and you will be able to practice your building skills without having to worry about materials. Player respawn immediately, unless they are eliminated by the Storm. All possible chests and ammo boxes are spawned, so players can familiarise themselves with where the chests/boxes could potentially be in normal Battle Royale matches. There are also 100 Llamas that are spawned around the map in the Playground mode.
There were a few issues with the first version of the Playground LTM, but there are changes that have been made for the second version of the Playground LTM, which is now live, on 25th July.
Problems with first version and solutions
One of the issues that were found in the Playground LTM was that there was no aim assist on consoles. This has now been resolved and it will work against players that are on the opposing team.
Another issue raised was that the match would end when a player had left the server. In Playground V2, the matches will no longer end when a player has left the game.
Epic have introduced a respawn system in the Playground LTM, but it seems as though the 10 second delay in the respawn time was too long. It has been reduced to 3 seconds in V2.
Here is a list of new changes that have been made to Playground V2:
- Players can now switch teams in-game. Join the same team to work together creatively, join separate teams to practice fighting each other!
- Note: Voice chat will remain on across all teams, future iterations of the mode will offer more customization.
- Golf carts have been added and spawn 100% of the time.
- Ammo cans spawn 10x the amount of ammo.
- Removed grey vending machines, increased the chances of higher-tier machines spawning.
- Increased launch & bounce pads spawn likelihood.
- Lowered forced glider deploy height, so players can get back into the action more quickly.
- Increased max rocket ammo cap to 60.
- Increased rocket ammo drop rates.
- Added 100 Supply Drops.
- Chests now spawn 3 weapons and more ammo & consumables than normal.
- Floor loot now spawns 3 items.
- Increased Chug Jug and Slurp Juice spawn chances, decreased Bandages.
- Added Chug Jugs to floor loot.