Fortnite rolled out a new update today, which introduced the Minigun, along with a host of other features and bug patches. However, a lot of users are reporting an issues with the screen size whilst playing Fortnite, with many claiming their screen is zoomed in too much.
Epic Games have recently acknowledged this is an issue, and are working on getting a fix for this as soon as possible. We’ve scouted through the communities posts on Reddit and have listed some tips that MAY work.
We are aware that some console players are having issues with resolution. Fixing this is a priority for us and we will let you know when we are ready to deploy a fix.
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) February 2, 2018
Note: This MAY or MAY not work. These are tips we’ve gathered on Reddit where players have stated it’s worked for them.
- Change your TV or monitor settings to wide-screen.
- On PS4, go to settings > sound and screen > display area settings. Shrink it to the maximum.
- If you have the option, turn off “overscan” on your TV.
- Go into the TV’s settings and mess around with the “picture mode” or similar. Changed it to “movie”, if that doesn’t work then try another mode.
- Change the aspect ratio of your TV.
- Go to your TV’s display settings, select aspect ratio and change it to Just Scan
Let us know in the comments section below if you have any other solutions or if you are experiencing any other issues.