The Fortnite v7.20 Content Update will go live soon without any downtime or download required. Here are the full patch notes.
The v7.20 Fortnite Content Update brings a brand new item to the game, the Sneaky Snowman. The update also tweaks the shield availability, the reduction of mobility items and vehicle spawn changes and vaults items including the Quad Launcher.
The Sneaky Snowman item was originally leaked in the v7.20 update, with leakers finding the image and sound files for item. Players have spotted the Sneaky Snowmen around the map, a few hours before the update as can be seen below:
Players have been complaining at the lack of shields available in the game. With the glider redeploy item being added to the game, an item which is very common to come across, it’s likely Epic didn’t adjuist the drop rates to accommodate for the sheer number of glider redeploy items. Epic have swapped the drop chance of shield potions and small shield potions.
Here are the full v7.20 Fortnite Content Update Patch Notes:
Is that snowman closer than it was a second ago? Sneak around the map and surprise enemies in a frosty new way.
The Block – Omega Pyramid
The Block is now a Pyramid! Drop into this massive structure created by Directingpete to discover the secrets it holds inside.
LIMITED TIME MODE: SNIPER SHOOTOUT
In this limited time mode, players will do battle using scoped weapons only. May the best aim win!
- Suppressed Sniper Rifles have been added.
- Legendary Scoped Pistols have been added to Supply Drops.
- Floor Loot spawners reduced by 50%
- Reviving “Down But Not Out” teammates in Duos & Squads is deactivated – be careful peeking!
- Profile Stats (K/D & Wins) are tracked in this mode
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Sneaky Snowman
- Use Primary Fire to throw a projectile that creates a destructible snowman.
- Use Secondary Fire to wear the Sneaky Snowman.
- Sneaky Snowman has 100 Health and acts as a shield when worn by a player.
- Sneaky Snowman is destroyed when its Health reaches zero or when the player wearing the snowman swaps to a different item or building mode.
- This means that a player wearing a Sneaky Snowman cannot build or use other items. Movement of all types is allowed.
- Available in Common variant.
- Can be found from Floor Loot, Chests, and Supply Llamas.
- Drops in stacks of 5.
- Max stack size of 10.
- Swapped the drop chance of Shield Potions and Small Shield Potions.
- Shield Potion
- Reduced drop chance from Floor Loot from 16.53% to 13.22%.
- Reduced drop chance from Chests from 14.26% to 9.51%.
- Small Shield Potion
- Increased drop chance from Floor Loot from 13.22% to 16.53%.
- Increased drop chance from Chests from 9.51% to 14.26%.
- Shield Potion
- Vaulted the following items:
- Quad Rocket Launcher
- Reduced the drop chance of Gliders.
- Reduced drop chance from Chests from 11.89% to 4.43%.
- Reduced the drop chance of Balloons.
- Reduced drop chance from Chests from 7.58% to 3.24%.
- Reduced the spawn chance of Quad Crashers from 100% to 50%.
- Reduced the spawn chance of X-4 Stormwings from 80% to 50%.
- Fixed an issue where building would cause a major drop in FPS.
- Added additional dates for Explorer Pop-Up Cup.
- Updated additional materials gained on elimination to now drop with the eliminated player, rather than being granted immediately.