The Fortnite v7.40 Content Update is here. This update introduced the previously delayed Driftboard.
The v7.40 Fortnite Content Update is here. The update requires no downtime and will be available at 1PM UTC. Check out the full patch notes for the content update below:
Driftboard – Limited Time Item
Join the battle in style riding the Driftboard! Fire at enemies, pull off tricks, and boost towards victory using this limited time item.
LIMITED TIME MODE: DRIFTIN’
Gear up and grab a Driftboard from a Red Supply Drop, meet up with your team, then race to eliminate the enemies. Last team standing wins!
- Two teams of 32 players.
- All Chests and Ammo Boxes have been removed.
- Red Supply Drops fall all over the map, each containing a Driftboard, weapons, and ammo.
- Health and Shields slowly regenerate when riding on a Driftboard.
LIMITED TIME MODE: CATCH!
In this mode, all guns have been removed. The only weapons are grenades and other items that can be thrown or tossed. Get in there and throw the enemies back to the lobby!
- Available grenades/items:
- Smoke Grenades
- Remote Explosives
- Impulse Grenades
- Shockwave Grenades
- Chest spawns and Floor Spawns set to 100.
- Can only get consumables out of Chests, Floor Loot, and Supply Drops.
- Increase Supply Drops throughout the game.
- Faster circle times.
- Increased drop stack counts.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Use weapons or consumables as you ride the slopes. Boost past the competition with electrifying speed. Loot and revive downed allies. All without ever getting off the Driftboard!
- Building is not possible while on the Driftboard.
- Can be found scattered all around the map.