Epic Games have released the patch notes for the Fortnite v9.30 content update #3. Today’s update introduces a brand new item, Air Strike.
Epic employees were on holiday from the 24th June to the 8th July. During this time, Epic released two content updates and announced another content update would be coming today at 8 AM ET.
The news feed didn’t update to announce the arrival of a new item like it’s done consistently in the past. However, we know what the new item is as Epic have released the official patch notes for the v9.30 content update #3:
Throw this down to get help from above!
LIMITED TIME MODE ROTATION:
- High Explosives Squads
- Battle Royale with Explosive weapons only! ‘Splode all of the enemies back to the lobby to earn the Victory Royale!
- Sneaky Silencers Solo
- Nighttime fighting with silenced weapons.
- Classic Squads
- Classic Battle Royale with only weapons and items from Seasons one and two.
- Solid Gold Duos
- Fight to the finish using Legendary weapons!
- Catch Squads
- In this mode, all guns have been removed. The only weapons are grenades and other items that can be thrown or tossed.
- Blitz Squads
- Drop into this fast-paced Limited Time Mode! You’d better keep moving because the Storm never does.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Air Strike
- A thrown canister of colored smoke that calls in a flurry of missiles from above.
- Once the canister comes to rest, missiles will spawn after a short delay.
- Missiles spawn about 120 meters above the smoke canister.
- Missiles aim for random points within a 9 meters radius of the thrown object.
- A total of 20 missiles are spawned.
- Each missile has an explosion radius of 3.5 meters.
- Each missile deals 75 damage to players and 200 damage to structures.
- Can be found from Floor Loot, Chests, Supply Drops, Vending Machines, and Llamas.
- Drops in stacks of 1.
- Max stack size of 2.
- Legendary variant.
- The amount of eliminations required for a Victory Royale in the Team Rumble Limited Time Mode has been lowered to 50 from 150 on Switch, Android, and iOS devices.