Here are the answers you need to give in order to get the Elder Wand in Hogwarts Legacy.
Wands are a necessity for every witch or wizard to perform spells and these wands are unique to the beholder. There are four different elements in which the wands are crafted on, which are:
- Wood type
Mr Garrick Ollivander, widely considered to be the best wandmaker in the world, states the following about the wand woods:
“Every single wand is unique and will depend for its character on the particular tree and magical creature from which it derives its materials. Moreover, each wand, from the moment it finds its ideal owner, will begin to learn from and teach its human partner. Therefore, the following must be seen as general notes on each of the wood types I like to work with best, and ought not to be taken to describe any individual wand.
Only a minority of trees can produce wand quality wood (just as a minority of humans can produce magic). It takes years of experience to tell which ones have the gift, although the job is made easier if Bowtruckles are found nesting in the leaves, as they never inhabit mundane trees.”
How To Get The Elder Wand In Hogwarts Legacy?
There is one wand wood that is more rare than most, which is the Elder wood. Here is what Mr Ollivander has to say about this wood:
“The rarest wand wood of all, and reputed to be deeply unlucky, the elder wand is trickier to master than any other. It contains powerful magic, but scorns to remain with any owner who is not the superior of his or her company; it takes a remarkable wizard to keep the elder wand for any length of time. The old superstition, ‘wand of elder, never prosper,’ has its basis in this fear of the wand, but in fact, the superstition is baseless, and those foolish wandmakers who refuse to work with elder do so more because they doubt they will be able to sell their products than from fear of working with this wood. The truth is that only a highly unusual person will find their perfect match in elder, and on the rare occasion when such a pairing occurs, I take it as certain that the witch or wizard in question is marked out for a special destiny. An additional fact that I have unearthed during my long years of study is that the owners of elder wands almost always feel a powerful affinity with those chosen by rowan.”
In order to get this wand in Hogwarts Legacy, you will need to complete the Wand Ceremony on the Wizarding World website and ensure your accounts are linked. If you need help with linking your WB account amd Wizarding World account, click here.
The type of wand you get will not give you certain special abilities or change the game in any way. There are also customization settings for the wand, which we have covered and you can see that by clicking here.
There are seven questions to need to answer in order to get your wand and here are the responses you need to give to ensure you get the Elder wood:
- First of all, would you describe yourself as…
- Average Height
(Any answer can be given for this question)
- And your eyes…
- Was the day on which you were born…
- An even number
- An odd number
(Any answer can be given for this question)
- Do you most pride yourself on your…
- Travelling alone down a deserted road, you read a crossroads. Do you continue…
- Right, towards the castle
- Do you most fear…
Answering the questions as above will award you with the Elder wood. Now the last question will determine what core you will get.
7. In a chest of magical artefacts, which would you choose…
If you want the Phoenix Feather core, the answers you can choose are:
- Golden Key
- Bound Scroll
- Glittering Jewel
To get the Dragon Heartstring core, choose from the following:
- Dusty Bottle
- Black Glove
- Silver Dagger
And finally, to get the Unicorn Hair core you will have to choose:
- Ornate Mirror
If you do not know which core you want, here are some notes by Mr Ollivander to help you to decide:
- Phoenix – This is the rarest core type. Phoenix feathers are capable of the greatest range of magic, though they may take longer than either unicorn or dragon cores to reveal this. They show the most initiative, sometimes acting of their own accord, a quality that many witches and wizards dislike.Phoenix feather wands are always the pickiest when it comes to potential owners, for the creature from which they are taken is one of the most independent and detached in the world. These wands are the hardest to tame and to personalise, and their allegiance is usually hard won.
- Dragon – As a rule, dragon heartstrings produce wands with the most power, and which are capable of the most flamboyant spells. Dragon wands tend to learn more quickly than other types. While they can change allegiance if won from their original master, they always bond strongly with the current owner.The dragon wand tends to be easiest to turn to the Dark Arts, though it will not incline that way of its own accord. It is also the most prone of the three cores to accidents, being somewhat temperamental.
- Unicorn – Unicorn hair generally produces the most consistent magic, and is least subject to fluctuations and blockages. Wands with unicorn cores are generally the most difficult to turn to the Dark Arts. They are the most faithful of all wands, and usually remain strongly attached to their first owner, irrespective of whether he or she was an accomplished witch or wizard.
Minor disadvantages of unicorn hair are that they do not make the most powerful wands (although the wand wood may compensate) and that they are prone to melancholy if seriously mishandled, meaning that the hair may ‘die’ and need replacing.