Epic Games are currently hosting an AMA on Reddit, and here are the answers to the questions that have been posted.
Epic Games announced yesterday they will be doing an Ask Me Anything on the Fortnite BR subreddit which is currently underway. We’ve highlighted some of the best replies to questions below:
In a reply to a question from Reddit user SonofGarry asking if the driftboard will be kept in the game, Epic Eric stated that they are working on a new single-occupancy vehicle and aren’t sure how the two will play together. He also stated the Driftboard has had positive feedback and they are actively discussing how long the Driftboard will be in the game.
Double Pump won’t be returning
Eric Williamson stated there are no plans to bring back the double shotgun due to the high damage the weapon can output.
Season 8 Audio Improvements
In the last few weeks, Epic have been reviewing the gameplay sound nad have outlined a list of audio improvements coming in the Season 8 update:
- Improved Weapon firing sounds:
- All player weapon fire sounds are now 2D stereo, giving them a much fuller and natural sound.
- All 3rd person weapon sounds from other players are now mono and run through the new reverb, which gives much better point spatialization while still sounding ‘in the world’.
- There is now a global reverb available.
- We are setting it up as an ‘opt-in’ feature, so we will be adding the reverb to categories of sounds as we go.
- Currently, weapon related sounds are set up with reverb. In the future, we will be able to have different reverb settings for different areas of the map.
- ADS / Crouch Foley
- New sounds have been added for going into and out of ADS on each weapon, as well as sounds for going in and out of crouch. This gives a better sense of player ownership of actions.
- Improvements to upstairs / downstairs footsteps for better tactical awareness.
- Improved hit notification audio
- Improvements to sound and mix of 2D hit notifications when players land shots on enemies. This includes a new clearer “shield break” sound.
- Cleaned up the “weak-point” harvesting crit sound
- We increased the dynamic range and shortened the length of this sound; it is still clear but much less fatiguing.
- Fixed an issue preventing footsteps from being heard in some situations.
- Even more improvements coming later in Season 8!