Perks are available in Fortnite chapter 4 season 1. Here is how to get and use Reality Augments.
Players have been unable to play Fortnite since the Chapter three Fracture finale event. However, Epic Games did task players with finding some of the new features, items, and Battle Pass outfits in the meantime.
Players could find and enter coordinates into the Fortnite chapter 4 site. Now that it’s been 100% completed, players can get themselves a free loading screen.
As of writing, the servers are still down but the new update is available to download. The patch notes for the v23.00 Fortnite update have been released, giving us some insight into what we can expect.
One of the new features in Fortnite chapter 4 season 1 is the Reality Augments which are essentially Fortnite’s own perk system. Thanks to the information we have from the patch notes as well as data miners, we have all the information you need on the Fortnite chapter 4 Reality Augment Perks.
What are Reality Augment Perks in Fortnite?
Reality Augments are Fornite’s perk system in chapter 4 season 1. At intervals during a match, players will be given two randomly selected Reality Augments (perks).
The longer a player can remain in a match, the more perks you’ll collect. All of the Reality Augment perks you get will remain until the match ends.
How to Get Them
As outlined above, players can get the Reality Augments at intervals in a match. The longer you remain in a game, the more you’ll get. There isn’t any set location where you can find or collect them.
Players can, however, reroll for another chance to get their favorite Fortnite perk.
How to Use Them
Once you get Augments in Fortnite, you’ll get a notification on your screen. You’ll see a prompt on how to activate them when you first get one as seen in the image below.
All Fortnite Perks List and What They Do
There will be a total of 22 different Fortnite perks (Reality Augments). However, Epic Games have only provided information on what five of them do which you can see below:
One of the 22 Day 1 Reality Augments: Light Fingers. Makes your weapons using Light Ammo reload faster.
One of the 22 Day 1 Reality Augments: Mechanical Archer. Gives you a Mechanical Explosive Blow & Mechanical Shockwave Bow.
One of the 22 Day 1 Reality Augments: Aerialist. Grants you Glider redeploy for the rest of the match.
One of the 22 Day 1 Reality Augments: Supercharged. Your vehicles won’t consume fuel and they’ll have increased Health.
One of the 22 Day 1 Reality Augments: Soaring Sprints. While sprinting, you’ll be able to jump much higher — and jump with lower gravity.
Data miners have leaked the rest of the perks that’ll be available along with what they do. Here’s the full list:
- More Parkour – Your energy regenerates briefly after mantling or hurdling.
- First Assault – The first bullet in the magazine of your assault rifle deals bonus damage.
- Rifle Recycle – Weapons using medium ammo have a chance not to consume ammo.
- Bloodhouse – enemies hit by your marksman rifle or bow shots are marked for a brief duration.
- Jelly Angler – Receive a fishing rod. You can use it to fish anywhere, but you can only fish up Jellyfish.
- Bow Specialist – Bows draw and reload faster, and you regenerate arrows over time.
- Bush Warrior – You regenerate health and partial shields while inside large foliage.
- Chug Gunner – Receive a Chug Cannon.
- Splash Medic – You have a chance to find Chug Splash in every container you open.
- Demolitions Munitions – Objects you destroy have a chance to drop explosives. Excludes player-build structures.
- Supercharged – Vehicles you’re inside do not consume fuel and have increased health.
- Aerialist – Gain the ability to deploy your glider.
- Light Fingers – weapons using light ammo reload faster.
- Mechanical Archer – Recieve an Explosive and Shockwave Bow.
- Rushing Reload – Spriting will slowly reload your equipped shotgun.
- Tactical Armory – Grant a Rare Tactical AR and Combat Shotgun.
- Party Time – Gain balloons over time.
- Pistol Amp – Pistols have greatly increased magazine size.
- Soaring Sprints – Jump much higher and with lower gravity while sprinting.
- Storm Mark – When the storm changes, ping the area to highlight nearby enemies for a short duration.
- Forecast – You can always see the next storm circle.
- Tricked Out – Entering a car or truck applies chonkers and a cow catcher to it.