Epic made some changes yesterday (August 9th) to both building and SMGs. This was done in hopes of making the weapons more balanced but it seems as though though the nerf to the Drum Gun was more than intended. Here are the changes that Epic had made to the Drum Gun:
- Reduced falloff range damage from 80% to 70% at 3500 units
- Reduced falloff range damage from 65% to 55% at 5000+ units
- Added environmental damage fall off matching player damage fall off
- Decreased jumping accuracy by 5%
- Decreased targeting accuracy by 10%
- Reduced spawn rate from chests and floor loot by 40%
Members of the community have said that the Drum Gun bullets are not registering at all when shooting opponents. Reddit user ZSNO posted a video to show what the Drum Gun looks like in-game and the replay version, which shows that no bullets are being fired:
It was thought that this glitch only occurred when the hotfix went live for the Drum Gun, with Epic Employee, MrPopo, replying with the following:
Thanks so much for the report and great comparison videos between what you saw in gameplay and what was seen in the replay. I’ve sent this along and we’ll continue looking further into this.
Update: This may have been a mismatch between a hotfix that was applied and a server deploy. We believe it to be resolved but if it happens to anyone again please comment below and let us know!
Players were still reporting this issue and it looks like Epic are still looking into the issue.
We will keep you updated with any new information on this bug and when it has been resolved.