Epic Games have introduced a new mythic weapon in the v7.01 patch for Fortnite Battle Royale, the Infinity Blade.
Fortnite is updated on a weekly basis, where Epic add new items to the game in order to keep the game fresh as well as fixing any bugs that are found in previous updates. The latest addition to the game is the Infinity Blade, a mythic weapon that can be found at Polar Peaks.
The Infinity Blade have a primary fire that delivers a powerful sword slash that will destory structures in one blow, and deal 75 damage to players. An alternate fire grants players the ability to leap large distances and will destroy objects in its path. Upon landing, the Infinity Blade wielder will deliver damage of 25 to nearby players. Some of the other abilities of the Infinity Blade include an increased pool of max health and shield, faster movement and renerating health over time. Here are all of the abilities/features of the weapon that were listed in the v7.01 patch notes:
- This Mythic melee weapon can be found on Polar Peak.
- Primary Fire delivers a powerful sword slash. It deals big damage to enemies and destroys structures in one blow (75 damage to players).
- Alternate Fire allows the player to leap great distances, destroying objects in its path. Upon landing, it delivers damage and a knock-up to nearby players (25 damage).
- The wielder of the sword is also granted additional abilities:
- An increased pool of max Health and Shields (200 Health/200 Shields).
- Regeneration of effective Health over time up to max Health and Shields (1 HP per second).
- An instant burst of effective Health upon elimination of an enemy (50 HP).
- Increased movement speed (130%).
- The first player to pull the Infinity Blade from its pedestal will be instantly healed to full Health and Shields.
- If a player picks up the Infinity Blade, all other inventory items aside from building materials will be dropped.\
- When the wielder of the Infinity Blade picks up an item (aside from building materials), the Infinity Blade will be dropped.
- The Infinity Blade will be dropped when the wielder is knocked out or eliminated.
- Only one Infinity Blade will appear per match.
The Infinity Gauntlet had similar properties to the Infinity Blade, but was only available in a specific LTM, for a limited time. It’s possible that the blade may only be available for a limited time, or may only be available in specific LTMs in the future.
Here is footage of the Infinity blade in action: