Downtime for the Fortnite update has begun. A new weapon will be available, the Infinity Blade, as well as the return of the Close Encounters LTM. You can find the full Fortnite patch notes for the v7.01 update below.
Epic teased the release of a sword yesterday in a video posted to their social media accounts, and the patch notes for the v7.01 update confirms the introduction of the sword into the game.
Here all the v7.01 Fortnite patch notes:
READY YOUR SWORD,
Wield a powerful new weapon in Battle Royale and watch your aim with a returning weapon in Save the World.
Infinity Blade (Battle Royale)
A Mythic melee weapon that deals big damage and destroys structures! Look for it at Polar Peak.
Ralphie’s Revenge (Save The World)
Accurate and slow firing rifle that rewards headshots!
Let your imagination go wild with Fortnite Creative. Islands available for all players on December 13!
- Players are no longer brought to the Battle Royale lobby when clicking “Creative” in the game mode select screen.
Wanting to track the top community issues? Head over to our Fortnite | Community Issues Trello board here.
LIMITED TIME MODE: CLOSE ENCOUNTERS
Close quarters combat with Shotguns & Jetpacks!
- The only weapons in this mode are Shotgun variants.
- Jetpacks & Heavy Shotguns can be found in chests & Supply Drops.
- Other Shotgun variants are spawned as floor loot.
- The Storm moves in more quickly than normal at mid to late game.
- Typical match length is about 15 minutes.
- Stats are enabled for this mode.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Infinity Blade
- This Mythic melee weapon can be found on Polar Peak.
- Primary Fire delivers a powerful sword slash. It deals big damage to enemies and destroys structures in one blow (75 damage to players).
- Alternate Fire allows the player to leap great distances, destroying objects in its path. Upon landing, it delivers damage and a knock-up to nearby players (25 damage).
- The wielder of the sword is also granted additional abilities:
- An increased pool of max Health and Shields (200 Health/200 Shields).
- Regeneration of effective Health over time up to max Health and Shields (1 HP per second).
- An instant burst of effective Health upon elimination of an enemy (50 HP).
- Increased movement speed (130%).
- The first player to pull the Infinity Blade from its pedestal will be instantly healed to full Health and Shields.
- If a player picks up the Infinity Blade, all other inventory items aside from building materials will be dropped.\
- When the wielder of the Infinity Blade picks up an item (aside from building materials), the Infinity Blade will be dropped.
- The Infinity Blade will be dropped when the wielder is knocked out or eliminated.
- Only one Infinity Blade will appear per match.
- X-4 Stormwing
- When a plane is shot down, the driver and all passengers of that plane will now take 25 damage from the explosion.
- Speculative fix for players moving after being eliminated.
- Fixed players being ejected from vehicles if they lost the icy feet effect.