The Guided Missile was vaulted previously as the weapon wasn’t balanced due to the long duration of the missile and the damage it would inflict on opponents. Epic has recently reintroduced the weapon, but now it is more of a scouting weapon rather than being an explosive weapon. There were quite a few changes made to the Guided Missile when it was reintroduced, as can be seen below:
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- Fuse duration reduced from 18 to 15 seconds.
- Movement Speed decreased from 1100 to 1000.
- Reload time increased to 2.4/2.2.
- Reduced player damage from 105/110 down to 74/77 damage.
- Reduced structure damage down from 1100 to 400.
- Explosions now damage structures with no regard for Line of Sight.
- Guided Missile can also be controlled via keyboard using the default movement inputs.
It looks like a bug has been found with this weapon, which makes it a hindrance rather than helpful. You can see the bug in action below:
As you can see, this effects the gameplay immensely and it is literally impossible to use this weapon for its intended use. We may see this weapon temporarily disabled whilst Epic find a solution to this bug.
We will keep you updated with any new information.