Epic Games will be releasing a new Fortnite update today, v12.10, and here’s everything you need to know.
Epic launched Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 2 two weeks ago on Thursday. Since then, a new Fortnite updates have been released to fix bugs that were introduced with the launch of a brand new season.
It looks like Epic won’t be going back to their old update routine of releasing a major patch update followed by a content update as there was no update last week. Just over six hours ago, Epic announced that a new Fortnite update would be released today, v12.10, and here’s everything you need to know.
Fortnite Servers Down
The Fortnite servers will go down at 9am UTC as usual. If you’re wondering how long the Fortnite servers will be down for and when they’ll be back up, you can expect them to be down for an hour and a half, so expect them to be back up at 10:30am UTC roughly.
Although there’s been several updates to fix the bugs, this update will be fixing the following bugs that still exist in the game:
- Patch Notes: Unofficial patch notes list here
- XP gain from XP Coins not appearing in XP bar.
- Unable to close map with map input if bound to directional pad up.
- Teammate arrows flickering / temporarily disappearing in Team Rumble.
- Weak Point hits not registering when very close to them.
- Splitscreen: Player 1 interrupts Player 2’s trigger button action.
- Flair style of Y0ND3R incorrectly locked.
- Big Haul Glider variant may not unlock.
- (Creative) The Class Selector Device will not work unless the volume is visible.
We’ll update this with the official or unofficial patch notes as soon as they’re available.
Dataminers leaked a new item in the v12.00 update, Proximity Grenades. There’s a chance we could see this item added to the game today. The item has a max stack size of 6 and it’s a mine that’ll explode when an enemy comes close by. There’s no information about how much damage the proximity mine will deal, so we’ll have to wait and see.